The skin, also known as your epidermis is the top part of your skin. Our skin is the body’s largest and fastest growing organ. Surprised to learn this, I never really thought of the skin as an organ. It is the part of the body that covers and protects other organs. So the skin really has a very important job. Therefore, we need to take special care of our skin with a daily skin care regimen, healthy eating and using skin care products to moisturize and protect our skin from the sun.
Skin Care Tips
- Exfoliate longer – when you want deep exfoliation, not harder though. Skin feels soft and new, totally rejuvenated.
- Sponge on SPF – if you don’t like the feel of facial sunscreen, apply with a sponge which helps it penetrate.
- Lay off the liquor – more than one drink a day can cause increased oil production and enlarged pores.
- Double cleanse your face – if you wear a lot of makeup, wash your face in two steps for best results. Use a gentle cleanser first, then a cleanser for soothing and rejuvenating effects.
- Try a facial scrub – wrinkle creams with retinol or glycolic acid can leave skin scaly. Try a facial scrubber to remove dead skin cells.
- Baby your face – when washing skin, avoid abrasive puffs and just use your fingertips, or gentle washcloth.
So we also have surprising beauty benefits of massage. Getting a massage is not just a luxury; massage therapy is actually very healthy for the skin. Massages increase blood flow and aid in the health of your immune system through lymphatic drainage. This helps get rid of toxins in the body making room for more nutrients. The enhanced circulation improves skin tone and texture. So go to your day spa and get a massage today! Your skin will be happy!