Especially in today’s economy, everyone is considering the affordability factor in all purchases and major decisions. Rightfully so, it is very important to handle your finances with care. But come on, going for a spa treatment, massage or waxing is just good hygiene and promotes healthy skin. You can’t afford to neglect your health. So even though we all have bills to pay every month, there’s no harm in saving up for a little well deserved luxury and relaxation a few times a year.
Did you know that experts have estimated and reported over ninety percent of disease is stress-related? High stress levels age us internally and externally. Massage is a very effective tool for managing stress which will translate into – decreased anxiety, greater energy, and increased circulation, enhanced sleep quality, improved concentration and reduced fatigue.
You can’t afford not to meet with a massage therapist to discuss your stress level and the benefits of massage therapy. Massage can also help address a number of specific health issues. The benefits of massage can –
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Assist expectant mothers with a shorter, easier labor.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen anxiety and depression.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow – the body’s natural defense system.
- Help athletes prepare for, and recover from strenuous workouts.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Release endorphins – amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
So the benefits you will receive from massage therapy and spa treatments really don’t seem so unaffordable when the results will improve your overall health.