A manicure is more than an indulgence. Pampering hands and nails helps to reduce stress. Hydrating hands and nails help to prevent nail fungus and painful hangnails. Manicures help to keep hands and nails clean and healthy. A manicure can be accomplished in 10 easy steps:
1. Remove any old nail polish, dirt, and oils with a nail polish remover.
2. Apply a cuticle remover onto the cuticles and let it soak.
3. While the cuticle remover is soaking begin filing each nail. To correctly file nails it is necessary to file in one direction only. Be gentle with the strokes. Make sure the nail is smooth and even.
4. Using a wooden cuticle stick, push the cuticles back.
5. Soak the hands in warm water with a little lemon juice. The lemon juice helps to clean underneath the nails.
6. Use a gentle exfoliate on the hands to remove any dead and dry skin and then rinse.
7. Massage moisturizer onto the hands. While the moisturizer is moist, wrap a warm towel around the hands and let them soak for at least 5 minutes.
8. Buff the nails and swipe nail polish remover over each to remove any of the moisturizer’s oils.
9. Apply a clear base coat that is specific for the nails, for instance a hardener or one that prevents splitting. When base coat dries, apply the nail polish and allow the varnish to dry completely.
10. In between manicures, moisturize the hands and cuticles often.
The best place to get a professional manicure is a spa or salon. Additionally, Space Coast Massage and Spa located in Melbourne, Florida is one spa that provides professional and relaxing manicures.